Hearing loss is afflicts approximately 35 million Americans of all ages. Here are some common signs of hearing loss:
- Asking others to repeat themselves
- Turning up the TV or radio volume to levels others find too loud
- Having trouble understanding conversations in noisy places and feeling like others are always mumbling
- Having trouble hearing womens’ or childrens’ voices
- Having trouble hearing on the telephone
- Feeling irritable or depressed
- Having difficulty following a fast moving conversation
- Missing important information in meetings
- Avoiding social situations that were once enjoyable
- Memory problems and other cognitive effects.
If you suffer from one or more of these problems, please get your hearing tested.